Monday, December 26, 2016

Fun_ChristmasCards_VF


I decided to draw some Christmas-themed Copic portraits of my main characters in my little 100yen pocket sketchbook, first up Vicky Vasquez.


This came out a little more somber than I was envisioning, but, as I'm discovering, they kind of tell me what's going on as I draw them...she's a workaholic so she doesn't like being forced to take time off in December.


So she's kinda in shellshock mode without the constant buzzing and bustle of her regular work "life" to fall back on.


Next was Fred, which is a revamp of his first color scheme, based on a sketch from a random session.


This piece determined what I wanted to do with this little series: corresponding, minimally busy backgrounds using red or green, with a Christmas-themed hat.


Usually the guy of the pair is Santa and the girl is the elf, so I thought it'd be funny to switch it around since Vicky's the boss anyway. So, having done these relatively more straightforward shots, I knew I wanted to do the ZLM duo with a little more care next.

Not normal,

Reuxben

No comments: