Monday, June 26, 2017

Fun_RealMoonSuzuki


Again, striving not to draw water, but stumbling into the similar sparkle trap, I did a little night scene, starring the moon.


I am always frantically scrawling for ideas when I start these "single layer" runs, so I superimposed an early, abandoned sketch over this finished picture and it made for a neat, guardian angel sort of figure, really transforming the piece.


But the beginnings of this illustration were simply that I wanted a couple to be falling apart in a grassy field at night; the guy was fading away.


I ended up deleting the guy entirely, leaving just the girl to stare up at the sky alone. It felt more dramatic and more widely interpretive.


Painting stars is fast becoming one of my favorite parts of night drawings.

Not normal,

Reuxben

No comments: